The 206trk.info is a recently developed browser hijacker that can cause severe damage to your computer. This malicious application has the ability to change or modify all the internet settings on your computer in order to get complete control of your browser as well as browsing. You may see your home page, desktop background and default browser is changed by this deadly dangerous browser hijacker. Once installed, this tricky computer virus runs pop-up ads on the screen continuously in order to disturb your daily routine work. Your all the searching efforts will be redirected towards unknown websites therefore, you cannot perform any search on your computer. Besides that, the 206trk.info also brings additional viruses on your system by changing the windows firewall. Another main symptom of this malicious application is, the overall speed of the system, and speed of the internet changes considerably. This newly developed computer parasite makes your system completely useless unless you do not remove this virus effectively.
The Manual Removal of 206trk.info
Once you have observed that there are symptoms of 206trk.info attack in your computer, you need to think how to get rid of this virus. If you are a basic level computer user, the automatic removal method is ideal choice for you. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available for the advanced level users that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
This stubborn browser hijacker cannot be deleted in the normal mode of operation. To restart your computer in the safe mode you have to reboot the system and use F8 key to see the boot options screen. Once the boot options are available on the screen you have to choose the safe mode before pressing the Enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
After successfully starting the PC in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes with the help of windows task manager. You have to access the windows task manager, by using Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the process tab once you are able to see the windows task manager. Following are the malicious processes that are needed to be removed:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Access the system files folder and delete following corrupt files from there:-
- %Desktopdir%\206trk.info virus.lnk
- %Programs%\206trk.info virus\206trk.info virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, select run, and type RegEdit in the box to start the registry editor. With the help of the registry editor you can remove the following suspicious entries, before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\206trk.info virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\206trk.info virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\206trk.info virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\206trk.info virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\206trk.info virus\DisplayName 206trk.info virus
Restart the system in the normal to make sure that you have effectively removed the virus manually. You have to run a complete system scan on your computer after installing the updated version of your current antivirus program.