Your computer is infected with a dangerous Trojan if you see ‘Windows license locked!’ message on your screen of your computer system. This is nasty Trojan that infiltrates your system through different means like through faulty software downloads; visiting multimedia sites, downloading and playing multimedia files form faulty sites. It can also download automatically by exploiting security loopholes available on your system.
This is dangerous and fraudulent malware and you should remove it as soon as possible. It will start penetrating into other files in the system so it should be removed immediately. This rogue software will try to get your personal and credit card information to register for free on a fake payment processing website and thus, you may be at big risk. Therefore, always remove ‘Windows license locked!’ malware instantly. This disguising itself like you Windows operating system is alerting you for certain mistakes or illegal activities committed by you while surfing on the internet. It will also produce some other fake messages claiming that you are on very high risk and immediate action needs to be taken to avert further damages.
‘Windows license locked!’ malware can easily be removed through some anti-virus software on the market place. It can also be removed manually; the stepwise procedure is given below.
‘Windows license locked!’ Trojan Removal Procedure
Following stepwise procedure is given to remove ‘Windows license locked!’ fake alert Trojan from your computer.
- First of hit CTR+ALT+DEL to open task manager
- Click on process and select multiple processes that are suspected like:
- And few other processes that are suspected ones i.e. [random names].exe
- Right click on these processes and click End process one by one
- Remove registry keys from your computer once you stopped all malicious processes.
- Click Start → Run → Type regedit → hit Enter
- Locate following keys, select them one by one, and then remove them manually.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random].exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “WindowsWebSecurity.exe”
- You need to delete above keys from registry editor
- Now you need to remove all those files which are sitting on your computer and making your system unstable and hacked.
- Click Start → Search → search for all following files and locate them
- Remove above files from your computer wherever they are found.
- Once you removed all these files and registry keys, your computer is free of ‘Windows license locked!’ fake alert Trojan
- Restart your computer and make sure that your computer is okay now.
- You need to recheck all processes, files, and registry keys to verify that this rogue software has not installed again on this computer.
- You are done once you verified this!
It is very important thing to note that this is an advance level of activity that needs to be done under the guidance of expert technician.