Trojan-PSW.Win32.Dripper is Trojan virus that produces many fake warnings and popup messages. First major warning that your system produce when Trojan-PSW.Win32.Dripper has successfully infiltrated into your system is “Threat detected: Trojan-PSW.Win32.Dripper”. This is fake warning and will ask to remove the infected files. It will remove and restart your computer once you allow it. During this course of activity, this Trojan stops all legitimate security programs and completely takes control of the computer security mechanism. This Trojan is very dangerous as far as your personal and financial data and passwords are concerned. You and your system are very vulnerable to any loss of data and financial information.
This malware creates a back door on your computer system and changes the setting of your computer browser thus your computer is completely under the control of hacker who produced this software and captured your system. Now hackers can do any other malicious activity from your computer. One major of such activities normally involve commercial benefits by proliferating different ads and spam from here. This software keeps generating different types of warnings, alarms, and alerts that your system has been attacked by different viruses and you need some solutions that will also be suggested. These solutions are also fake ones and there would be no good result of your money spent on purchasing of license recommended by this rogue software.
In such situation, it is very important to remove this Trojan from your computer as soon as possible. Trojan-PSW.Win32.Dripper is very dangerous virus. You can remove it through different legitimate anti-malwares and manually if you have such expertise to.
Manually Removal of Trojan-PSW.Win32.Dripper
Follow following stepwise instructions to remove this software from your computer.
- Strike ALT+CTR+DEL → Select Process → Select [Random].exe processes → Right Click and select End Process → Confirm
- Once you stopped the process, now you need to change the registry keys by registry editor process.
- Click Start → Run → Type regedit → Hit Return
- Chose following registry files and keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “[random].exe?
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution Options “Debugger” = “svchost.exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1?
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDownload “RunInvalidSignatures” = “1?
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun “[Fake program name]?
- Locate these registry keys in the registry editor and remove them by right clicking on them and selecting Delete/Remove
- You need to delete .dll files once you removed you registry keys.
- Search and remove (%Documents and Settings%All UsersApplication Data [random] [random].dll) dynamic link library file.
- Now you need to remove all malicious and suspected files that relate to this rogue malware.
- Click Start → Search → Type names of all following files → Hit Enter
- %UserProfile%Application Data[Fake program name]cookies.sqlite
- %Documents and Settings%All UsersApplication Data[random][random].exe
- %Documents and Settings%All UsersApplication Data[random][random].ocx
- %UserProfile%Application Data[Fake program name]Instructions.ini
- %Documents and Settings%All UsersApplication Data[random][random].mof
- %Documents and Settings%All UsersApplication Data[random][random]
- Once all files are located, remove them one by one from your computer.
- Once all above mentioned files are removed from your computer, restart your computer.
- Check and verify registry, files, .dll files, and processes.
- You are done!
Make it sure that this activity is carried out by expert technician or knowledgeable person.