Antivirus XP Hard Disk Repair v9 is very dangerous ransom Trojan virus that locks your hard disk once it successfully infiltrates into your computer. Antivirus XP Hard Disk Repair v9 Trojan asks for codes and to unlock your hard disk and pops up many fake messages and alerts. These alerts are designed to threaten with some illegal acts that were performed from your computer so that you get frustrated and sometime you pay the money get the password to unlock your computer. Be aware! Do not pay anything on this message. The hackers will never give you password for the money you pay.
Antivirus XP Hard Disk Repair v9 normally downloads on your software by exploiting some security loop holes on your computer while you visit to infected sites or download infected media files or updates. This is very nasty ransom ware that is normally used to earn money for so called passwords that are nowhere. This malware can also throw a full control of your computer to the hands of hackers sitting at remote site by creating back door on your computer. This way the malicious hacker can initiate many other activities from your computer too.
This malware is very dangerous because normally it changes its setting regularly and would not be detected by antivirus easily. Therefore, it is highly needed to remove this Trojan from your computer manually as soon as possible. I am giving you the detailed procedure to remove Antivirus XP Hard Disk Repair v9 Trojan horse manually. You need to follow it step by step as described in below section.
Stepwise Procedure to Remove Antivirus XP Hard Disk Repair v9
This is very nasty and problematic Trojan and should always be removed immediately once noticed on your computer. The step by step procedure follows.
- First of all try to remove it by starting your computer normally; if not work properly due to blocking of some programs, start your computer in safe mode.
- Strike ALT+CTR+DEL and then select Process
- Click on temp_sys.exe → right Click → Choose ‘End Process’
- Once the process is ended you need to remove registry key from your computer; you need to go to registry editor now.
- Click Start → Run → Type ‘regedit’ → hit return
- New window of registry editor keys will open.
- Select following registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon: [ ‘Userinit?’ = ? ?\userinit.exe, %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\temp_sys.exe?’’
- Right Click it and choose remove or delete and then confirm the same.
- Once you modified the registry key, last step is to remove virus files from your system.
- Select following files on your computer by clicking start then search and typing in the file names shown below:
- Antivirus XP Hard Disk Repair v9.lnk
- Uninstall Antivirus XP Hard Disk Repair v9.lnk
- Remove all these files from your computer one by one at any location they may be.
- Recheck all above things after restarting the computer.
- You are done!
This is an advance level activity and should be done by expert technician.