The Zeroredirect1.com is a malicious application that enters in the windows operating system after bypassing the security arrangements available in the system. This dangerous infection sneaks into the system, secretly while downloading free applications, visiting malicious sites, using corrupt removable devices, and sharing files on p2p networks. Once this dangerous worm slips inside the computer, it disables all your executable files, and you will notice frequent system crashes without any reason. It disables your antivirus, and other security tools, to invite additional infections in the already compromised system. It allows the remote hackers to access your system, and steal your personal information, including the credit card numbers, browsing history, online banking information, and passwords. It hijacks your browser by changing the browser settings without your permission.
Removal of Zeroredirect1.com
After knowing that the system becomes a victim of the Zeroredirect1.com, you have to find a solution to remove this virus completely from the system. There are some extremely reliable automatic tools available in this regard. You can also remove this malicious application manually. The instructions for the manual removal process are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove this virus manually by remaining in the normal mode. Restart the computer to terminate the normal mode of operation, and continuously strike the F8 key while the PC is restarted to access the boot options menu. You have to choose the safe mode option, and press the Enter key once you are able to see the list of boot options on your screen.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode operaion, you have to kill the associated processes of the Win32:BProtect-D [Trj]. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background of your system. You have to remove the following associated processes of the Win32:BProtect-D [Trj]: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next is, you have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the Zeroredirect1.com infection from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but not least, remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. By using the registry editor, you have to remove the following malicious entries related to the Zeroredirect1.com infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Zeroredirect1.come\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Zeroredirect1.come\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Zeroredirect1.come\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Zeroredirect1.come\DisplayName Zeroredirect1.come
Restart the infected computer in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully, or still available in your system. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through after updating your existing antivirus program to remove any infections caused by this virus.