The ZeroAccess.ia is a malicious application which is categorized as the Trojan virus. This is considered as a major security threat for any computer because it has the ability to create corrupt files deep in the system files folders, and modify the registry entries. The ZeroAccess.ia has the ability to disable antivirus program, and other security tools which brings your computer at high risk. This malicious Trojan can bring other dangerous threats to the computer by adding new files. It destroys the defense of the infected PC completely which invites other similar viruses. The main objective of developing this malicious Trojan virus is to steal the confidential information of the users all over the world. The ZeroAccess.ia provide remote access of your machine to the cyber criminals and hackers which uses your most confidential personal information such as credit card number, email ids, passwords for criminal purposes. By occupying most of the resources of your computer, it can slow down the speed of your computer, and the performance of the PC is also getting affected badly.
Manual Removal Process of ZeroAccess.ia
You can get rid of ZeroAccess.ia through any reliable automatic removal tool which can remove it within just a few clicks of the mouse. However, in case if you want to remove this dangerous adware manually, you have to keep in mind that the manual method is extremely complicated, and it can be successful only if you follow the instructions as it is described below:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
You need to reboot the infected computer in the safe mode by using the F8 key while the computer is restarting, and choose safe mode option from the boot options menu before hitting the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After restarting the computer in safe mode, you have to kill the processes associated with this Trojan. In this regard you have to start the task manager window by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is started, you have to click on the processes tab, and end the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
When you are done with the processes thing, you have to find as well as delete the following files from your computer:-
- %Desktopdir%\ZeroAccess.ia virus.lnk
- %Programs%\ZeroAccess.ia virus\ZeroAccess.ia virus.lnk
Delete Registry Entries
In the end you have to clean the registry section of your windows operating system. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, you have to find and delete the following corrupt entries by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZeroAccess.ia virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZeroAccess.ia virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZeroAccess.ia virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZeroAccess.ia virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZeroAccess.ia virus\DisplayName ZeroAccess.ia virus
You should close the registry editor after completing the job, and restart the computer in the normal mode.