The ZenSearch.com is a nasty browser hijacker that attacks the windows based computers secretly, and divert the web searches towards unknown places. It hijacks the browser by modifying the settings, and take complete control of web surfing activities. Once this malicious browser hijacker sneaks into the system, it destroys the important system files, modify the windows registry, and alter the security settings in the targeted PC. Besides that, it disables the system utilities, and antivirus tools to avoid detection or removal effort through traditional methods. This notorious browser hijacker sneaks in the system while opening the spam email attachments, freeware downloads, infected links, and p2p sharing of files. Besides redirecting you towards phishing websites, it also displays fake pop-up messages, and flood the screen through these pop-ups. As long as this virus remains in your system, your confidential details remain at stake. The speed of the computer also degrades, and overall performance also reduces considerably because of this virus. It corrupts all your important data files, applications, and most accessed folders.
Removal of ZenSearch.com
The ZenSearch.com is a deadly dangerous computer virus that can make your PC completely useless if not removed effectively. There are both automatic as well as the manual removal methods are available in this regard. The automatic removal method is easy, and quick for the novice users; whereas, the manual removal is a bit complicated, and only recommended for the experienced users. The instructions for manual removal of this virus are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can proceed with the manual removal once you are able to boot the computer in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the list, and strike the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in the background of the system. You have to get rid of the following corrupt processes associated with this infection by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed to the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the ZenSearch.com:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry by removing the unwanted entries to complete the manual removal process. Open the registry editor by clicking the Start menu, select Run option, and type “RegEdit” in the box. You have to delete the following entries associated with ZenSearch.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenSearch.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenSearch.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenSearch.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenSearch.com\DisplayName ZenSearch.com
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see how effectively you are able to remove the virus manually. Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus.