The ZenDeals Toolbar is actually a toolbar virus that falls under the category of browser hijacker infections. It hides itself by presenting as a browser add-on. This malicious application is actually related to the Yantoo Pagerage which is known for its annoying harmful activities. Often this virus is bundled with the third party applications, and can easily bypass the antivirus as well as other security tools as it hides itself wisely. Generally browser hijackers only attacks the internet settings, but this nasty infection also invades the other parts of your system, and can make your system completely useless if not removed in time. It deletes some important system files and blocks some of the tasks on the computer. The ZenDeals Toolbar also used by the hackers to gather the confidential financial details of the users.
The Manual Removal of ZenDeals Toolbar
If your PC shows the symptoms of the ZenDeals Toolbar infection, you must confirm its presence before going to delete this virus. You can do this by using the automatic removal methods that are not only easy but also quick. The manual removal of this lethal infection is also possible that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process cannot be started by remaining in the normal mode. You have to restart the system, and hit the F8 key to access the boot options menu where you can select the Safe mode option. Once the booting options are visible on your screen, select the Safe Mode and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to remove the corrupt processes associated with the ZenDeals Toolbar virus. In this regard, access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, to remove the following associated processes of this infection before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once the processes issue is done, you have to find and remove the following files from the system files folder associated with the ZenDeals Toolbar:-
- %Desktopdir%\ZenDeals Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\ZenDeals Toolbar\ZenDeals Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry by removing the keys created by the ZenDeals Toolbar infection. Open the registry editor by selecting the Start menu, choose Run option, and type regedit in the box before pressing the OK button. Once the registry editor is accessed on your screen, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the ZenDeals Toolbar:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenDeals Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenDeals Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenDeals Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenDeals Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZenDeals Toolbar\DisplayName ZenDeals Toolbar
Restart the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, to see how effectively you have removed this virus. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program to clean your hard drive from the infections.