The Ywi.jsst.net is an spreading computer virus that is capable of avoiding antivirus detection, and classified as a browser hijacker. Once installed, the Ywi.jsst.net virus brings additional threats such as Trojans, keyloggers, malware, and spyware to destroy the system completely. Once this malicious browser hijacker invades the system, it immediately changes the default settings to take the control the browsing of the user. Whenever you try to open a website, you will be redirected towards unknown phishing websites where you are encouraged to purchase the unwanted products. The cyber crooks use this tool to promote the affiliate products and make commissions. Besides that, some hackers also use this browser hijacker to generate traffic on their affiliate sites and make money from pay per click programs. The Ywi.jsst.net infection is also capable of stealing the confidential financial details of the users.
The Manual Removal of Ywi.jsst.net
After knowing the presence of the Ywi.jsst.net virus, you have to take some immediate steps to remove this infection as soon as possible. You have manual as well as automatic choices available to get rid of the Ywi.jsst.net virus; however, you have to select a removal method based on your expertise and capabilities. The manual removal of this browser hijacker has been possible yet complicated, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal method, it is important that you must boot the system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode. The safe mode operation can be accessed by restarting the system, and using the F8 key to see the list of booting options. Select the safe mode option from the list and hit the Enter key to boot the system, in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You can access the windows task manager by remaining in the safe mode. The task manager can be accessed by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, clicked on the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background, and remove the following suspicious processes :-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Ywi.jsst.net ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Ywi.jsst.net ads\Ywi.jsst.net ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you reverse the modifications in the registry section of your windows operating system. Select the start menu, click on the Run option and write “regedit.exe” in the box to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to find and remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry. Close the registry editor once you have removed all of these suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ywi.jsst.net ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ywi.jsst.net ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ywi.jsst.net ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ywi.jsst.net ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ywi.jsst.net ads\DisplayName Ywi.jsst.net ads
You have to run a complete system scan after restarting the computer in the normal mode.