The youwillfind.info is a dangerous browser hijacker that can cause permanent damage once installed on any windows based computer. After getting installed itself on any computer, the youwillfind.info redirects all the searches tried by the users towards certain websites where low quality products are advertised. This malicious application is also used to generate traffic on a number of unknown websites, and can cause slowdowns and crashes on the infected computers. Immediately after installed, the youwillfind.info changes the home page of the computer, and can cause a number of other unwanted changes in the settings of your computer. It is also capable of changing your default search engine, and can create malicious entries in the windows registry to make it able to run automatically every time the windows started on the infected computer. The youwillfind.info is a parasite that presents itself as a legitimate application.
How to Remove youwillfind.info Trojan manually?
Once detected on your computer, your goal is to remove the youwillfind.info immediately. If you are not comfortable with the complicated steps and instructions of the manual removal method, you can take help from any reliable and powerful automatic removal tool. The steps of the manual removal method are as under:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
Like all other Trojan infections, the youwillfind.info also runs in the background on the infected machine; therefore, when windows started, this will stop you from removing this parasite if the computer is running in the normal mode. You have to reboot the computer in the safe mode so that you are able to delete the files, entries, and processes associated with this virus. You have to use F8 key while the computer is restarting to see the list of boot options where you have to select the safe mode option.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and look for the following processes under the processes tab to end them:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to find and delete the following files that are considered as the associated files of the youwillfind.info. You can use file explorer to browse these files, and delete them quickly:-
Clean the Windows Registry
After removing the files and folders, you have to delete the registry entries that are created by this malicious application. You have to open the registry editor by making a click on the start button available at the bottom of your screen, select Run, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor started, you have to find as well as delete these entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://websearch.youwillfind.info/\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://websearch.youwillfind.info/\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://websearch.youwillfind.info/\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Http://websearch.youwillfind.info/\DisplayName Http://websearch.youwillfind.info/
After removing the entries, you have to restart the PC after closing the registry editor. Update the existing antivirus, and run a complete system scan to protect your computer from the aftershocks of these types of virus attacks.