The YellowfinTuna.com is actually a malicious application that is categorized as a browser hijacker. This lethal infection has recently infected thousands of windows based computers in the different parts of the world. Whenever you try to search anything, the search results are manipulated by this malicious application, and some promotional websites are included in the results. Once installed, it takes complete control of your browsing, and redirect all your searches towards the websites that the hackers or developers of this infections wants to show you. This deadly dangerous computer virus attacks the systems through live video streaming, PDF creators, and download manager software programs. Once installed, the YellowfinTuna.com can change the names as well as locations, and can replicate itself easily to bypass the detection through your normal antivirus software. This malicious application is developed through advanced coding to monitor your browsing habits, and send these details to the cyber crooks who then use these details to steal your money.
The Manual Removal of YellowfinTuna.com
Once the presence of this browser hijacker infection is confirmed, the next step is the removal of this virus effectively so that it will not return again. This can be done by using any automatic removal tool. The manual removal method also available which is only recommended to the professional users. The steps involved in the manual removal process are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to restart the infected system and use the F8 to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options menu is accessed, select the safe mode option from the list, and press the enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is ending the associated processes of the YellowfinTuna.com virus. You can access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the process tab of the windows task manager you can see a list of running processes in your computer. You have to end the following malicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and remove the following associated files of the YellowfinTuna.com virus with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus.lnk
- %Programs%\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you clean the registry section of the windows operating system. You are required to access the registry editor by clicking the start menu, select Run option, and execute the “regedit.exe” command. Remove the following corrupt entries created by this infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus\DisplayName YellowfinTuna.com redirect virus
After completing the above mentioned steps successfully, you have to restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of manual removal efforts.