The XP Antispyware 2013 is the most recent addition in the series of the anispyware programs that are developed and distributed recently to infect the windows based computers. This nasty rogue application attacks the computer while clicking on the spam email attachment, peer to peer sharing of files, downloading audio/video files, playing online games, and using removable storage devices. This malicious application belongs to the famous Braviax family of infections that enters in the system by using the vulnerabilities available in the security, and uses the Trojans to show the fake alerts on the screen of the computer. Once this nasty rogue program enters in the system, it scares the users by showing too many errors in the computer. When you try to get rid of these errors, you will be asked to purchase the licensed version of this virus.
Removal of XP Antispyware 2013
As soon as you realized that the presence of the XP Antispyware 2013 is confirmed in the system, you have to remove this virus completely from your system in a way that it will never return back. The automatic removal method is the most popular way of getting rid of this infection. Besides that, the manual removal is also an option. The instructions to remove this infection manually are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot access the important system utilities such as task manager and registry editor by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to start the computer in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the list of options. Select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To kill the associated processes, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager. Select the processes tab under the task manager window to delete the following associated processes of this threat before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You are also required to remove the associated data from the system files folder. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files that you have to remove:-
- %Desktopdir%\XP Antispyware Plus 2013.lnk
- %Programs%\XP Antispyware Plus 2013\XP Antispyware Plus 2013.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box. You have to remove the following associated entries of this rogue application before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\XP Antispyware Plus 2013\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\XP Antispyware Plus 2013
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\XP Antispyware Plus 2013\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\XP Antispyware Plus 2013\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\XP Antispyware Plus 2013\DisplayName XP Antispyware Plus 2013
Reboot the computer in the normal mode, and Run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus program.