The Xnwfile.com is a malicious application that is categorized as a potentially unwanted program that can invite additional adware, and browser hijackers to your system. It has the ability to infect any browser including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari. You will receive the countless numbers of the pop-up ads on the screen. Whenever you try to open a website, you will be automatically redirected towards some unknown websites where you are forced to buy some low quality products from the unknown suppliers. You will also notice that the random text of any web page will be converted into the hyperlinks. You will also receive the fake updates about the health of your system in the pop-ups, but keep in mind that all such messages are totally fake. This malicious application is developed to trap the computer users, and get the remote access of their computer.
Manual Removal of Xnwfile.com
Once this nasty infection makes its way in the system, you need to find a way to get rid of this virus. You can remove this virus either manually or by using some quality automatic removal tools. The manual removal method of xnwfile.com is only recommended for the advanced level users, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you need to open the infected system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of operation. In this regard, you have to reboot the system and access the boot options screen by using the F8 key while the system is restarting. Once the boot options appeared on the screen, select the safe mode, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the Processes tab in the task manager window, and remove the following corrupt processes associated with this malicious application from the list: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the related processes of this infection, you have to remove the following associated files of the Xnwfile.com by using the file explorer through the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to normalize the windows registry in order to remove the infection completely. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, select the “Run” option, and write “RegEdit” in the box. Find and delete the following associated registry entries of this adware infection after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Xnwfile.com \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Xnwfile.com \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Xnwfile.com \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Xnwfile.com \DisplayNameXnwfile.com
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to check the availability of the virus. If the infection is removed successfully, update the existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan through that updated antivirus in order to remove the infections caused by this nasty adware infection.