The Www-search.net virus is a nasty computer infection that sneaks into the system without your consent, and start performing several malicious activities secretly. This dangerous computer worm is actually designed to enter into the targeted PC, and collects the valuable personal information that can be used in online financial frauds. Once installed, it modifies the default settings in your system, and gain the control of your browsing. This malicious application slips in the computer through freeware download, spam email attachments, social websites, infected removable storage devices, and hacked websites. Once installed, it corrupts your important system files, and destroy the most accessed data files folders. Besides that, it creates fake startup keys in the windows registry, disable your antivirus, modify the windows firewall, and blocks you from downloading new software applications. You will receive disturbing pop-up ads through which the hackers try to convince you to buy the useless products from the unknown suppliers.
Removal of Www-search.net virus
As soon as you realized the presence of this nasty infection in your computer, you have to take immediate steps to get rid of this virus. There are different methods through which you can eliminate this malicious application from your system. For the basic level users, there are some good automatic tools available. However, there is a manual removal method available that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before practicing the manual removal process, it is compulsory to start the computer in the safe mode. In this regard, terminate the normal mode by restarting the PC, and access the boot options screen by pressing the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of this browser hijacker. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager, and click on the processes tab to erase the following processes associated with the Www-search.net virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to delete the associated data of this virus. In this regard, following are the files that are required to be removed from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You now need to eliminate the modifications from the windows registry to complete this process. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit to open the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www-search.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www-search.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www-search.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www-search.net\DisplayName www-search.net
Reboot the PC in the normal mode before closing the registry editor to see the success of your efforts. Run a complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus after updating your antivirus program.