The www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus is similar to Dlink Redirect Virus a nasty computer infection classified as a browser hijacker. This nasty infection enters in the system secretly without getting the consent of the user, and take complete control of your browsing activity. Once installed, the www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus redirects all your searches towards unknown websites where you are forced to see the porn contents as well as pictures. This virus is distributed through junk mail attachments, p2p sharing of files, infected media devices, and visiting compromised web pages. After settling down in the computer, this malicious application start changing your home page, desktop background, and default search provider. Besides that, it also alters the windows registry, disable windows firewall, and block your access to other important system utilities. This malicious application looks like a legitimate program that is designed to help the users, but in reality this is nothing more than a trap which is actually developed to infect the systems, and access the private information of the user.
Removal of www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus
After confirming the presence of the www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus in your computer, you have to decide what method you are going to use to remove this infection. The manual removal of this infection is only recommended for the advanced level users as it is extremely hard; whereas, the automatic removal is convenient as well as fast. The steps involved in the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the machine, and keep hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to see the boot options menu on the screen. After accessing the boot options, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once you are able to see the task manager window on the screen, hit the Processes tab where you can see all the processes running in the background of your system. Remove the following associated processes of the www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You must remove the following associated files of the www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus\www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, delete the following entries associated with this dangerous browser hijacker:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName www.linkeyproject.com Redirect Virus
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the instructions. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus software.