The indiasearcher.com is a malicious application belongs from the redirects viruses that also act as a browser hijacker. This malicious redirect virus not only changes your search preferences, but also modifies most of the internet settings that include default search engine, home page, and desktop background. Once installed, the indiasearcher.com redirect all your searches either on its own website, or towards some other compromised websites where you can get additional infections. Besides that, this tricky redirect virus also changes the default search engine similar to the Google, and slow down the speed of the infected computer considerably. This malicious application is actually developed to steal the personal information of the user, and uses it in the online frauds and cyber crimes. This information may include the credit card numbers, online shopping preferences, browsing history, and login ids. All these actions took place in the infected machine without the knowledge of the user.
The Manual Removal of www.indiasearcher.com
Once this virus entered in the computer, you have to find an effective way of removing it quickly. You can remove this malicious application manually as well as automatically. The manual removal process is not as easy as many people think, and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do with the infected machine is, restart it, and by using the F8 key you can access the boot menu options. You have to select the safe mode from the boot options and hit the enter key in order to start the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
When the infected machine operating in the safe mode, you have to remove the corrupt processes associated with this threat and running in the background of your computer. Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the processes tab to see the list of processes. You have to remove the following processes from the list by using the “End Process” button:-
• %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
In order to remove this virus completely, you have to delete the associated data from the program files folder. Following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be deleted:-
• %Desktopdir%\www.indiasearcher.com Redirect.lnk
• %Programs%\www.indiasearcher.com Redirect\www.indiasearcher.com Redirect.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start button available at the bottom of the screen, select “run” and type “RegEdit” in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries and close the registry editor:-
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.indiasearcher.com Redirect\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.indiasearcher.com Redirect
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.indiasearcher.com Redirect\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.indiasearcher.com Redirect\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\www.indiasearcher.com Redirect\DisplayName www.indiasearcher.com Redirect
Before updating your antivirus software and running a complete system scan on the system you need to restart the computer in the normal mode to see the affect of changes you have just made during the manual removal process.