The Www.adobeupdate2014.com is a harmful computer infection that is categorized as a redirect virus that has infected thousands of personal computers recently. It presents itself as a browser update of your default browser, including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. This malicious application is distributed through hacker web pages, and other legitimate websites. This application always executed automatically whenever you start the computer. This malicious application changes the default browser settings, and force you to download the Adobe update. However, you have to keep in mind this is not actually an Adobe update, but it is a malicious program that is designed to trap the user, and download the malware on the system. Once it settles down in the system, it will modify the home page, desktop, and search engine without your permission, and dictate its own terms while surfing on the web. You will be redirected constantly to the unknown websites, and cannot surf on the internet freely.
Removal of Www.adobeupdate2014.com
Once it is confirmed that the adobeupdate2014.com redirect virus is available on your personal computer, you have to decide what method you are going to use to remove this infection. You can easily get rid of this virus through the automatic removal method which is convenient for the novice users. Besides that, you can also remove this infection manually, by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Accessing the safe mode is extremely important to start the manual removal process. Restart the PC, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list, before striking the Enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to get rid of the associated processes of this redirect virus. Click on the processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes. End the following suspicious processes associated with the adobeupdate2014.com, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files associated with this redirect virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus\Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is necessary to remove the corrupt modifications from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu. After accessing the registry editor, eradicate the following associated entries of the adobeupdate2014.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName Www.adobeupdate2014.com Redirect Virus
Close the registry, and reboot the machine in the normal mode to check if the virus is removed successfully. Open the main interface of your existing antivirus, and run a full system scan.