The www.ad-click.com is a malicious application that is classified as a browser hijacker that creeps in the personal computers without giving any hint to the user, and start performing several destructive activities. The www.ad-click.com targets browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. This malicious application keeps an eye on your browsing activities, and put your data privacy on the stake. It transfer all such important details to the developers who then use it in the cyber crimes for the purpose of making money. The hackers distribute this infection smartly by using the loopholes in the security of your computer. Once installed, it modifies the home page, search provider, and desktop without your consent, and you will also notice that the antivirus is disabled without your permission. It disturbs your surfing sessions by7 keep redirecting you towards unknown websites. The www.ad-click.com is also responsible of displaying pop-up messages in the bulk quantity on the screen of your PC. After changing the windows firewall, it invites additional threats to the system, including malware, spyware, ransomware, adware, and Trojans.
Removal of www.ad-click.com
After knowing that the system becomes a victim of the www.ad-click.com, you have to take some solid steps to get rid of this virus. The automatic removal method is not only easy, but also gives you quick results. By selecting any powerful automatic tool, you can actually get rid of this browser hijacker within just a few minutes. The manual removal method in this regard is the other option that you have. The instructions for removing this infection manually are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can execute the manual removal process after accessing the system in the safe mode. Restart the PC, and press F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, highlight the Safe Mode through the arrow keys, and press the Enter button.
End the Malicious Processes
To see the list of processes running in the background, you have to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab. Remove the following associated processes of the Www.ad-click.com, before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder through file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the BitMefender:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Delete the corrupt entries associated with the Www.ad-click.com to complete this process. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option in the Start Menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you need to remove the following suspicious entries at your earliest:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.ad-click.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.ad-click.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.ad-click.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Www.ad-click.com\DisplayName Www.ad-click.com
In the end, reboot the PC in the normal mode to check how effectively you have removed this browser hijacker, and run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus software.