The Ww98.londonfestivals.net is a malicious application classified as a powerful browser hijacker that is designed by the notorious cyber criminals to access the computers remotely. The hackers mostly use the porn websites, spam emails, compromised websites, and removable storage devices to distribute this browser hijacker. This malicious application can infect all the popular browsers including the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. Once this virus enters in the system, it slows down the speed of your browser, and record your browsing preferences in order to display the targeted pop-up ads according to your browsing habits. These pop-up messages contain tracking cookies, and if you click any of these messages, you will invite additional parasites in your computer. The cyber crooks use this dangerous browser hijacker to access the computers remotely, and steal the highly sensitive financial details of the targeted users. These details may include the credit card information, bank account credentials, emails, passwords, and browsing history. The objective of these cyber criminals is to steal the money of the users by using these confidential details.
Removal of Ww98.londonfestivals.net
Once it is confirmed that the Ww98.londonfestivals.net browser hijacker has infected your computer, you have to respond this threat swiftly by removing it quickly. You can use any reliable automatic tool to get rid of this infection within no time. The manual removal is also possible, but it is not an easy task. The instructions for the manual removal of this virus are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is mandatory to boot the computer in the safe mode to before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal process. Restart the system from the Start menu, and keep striking the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options. Select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key once you are able to see the boot options on the screen.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window to remove the following processes by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and get rid of the following associated files of the Ww98.londonfestivals.net by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through the Run option available in the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following associated entries of the Ww98.londonfestivals.net from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww98.londonfestivals.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww98.londonfestivals.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww98.londonfestivals.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww98.londonfestivals.net\DisplayName Ww98.londonfestivals.net
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to know if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus software.