The ww92.js.6bb5337c.info is one of the most dangerous browser hijackers of the recent times that can cause severe damage to your system. This malicious application can modify your home page, desktop background, DNS settings, default search engine, windows firewall, and security settings on your system. Once this nasty browser hijacker settles down in the system, you are unable to open the websites that you want to visit. Instead of that, all your searches are diverted towards malicious web pages where you can easily get infected from the additional threats. After recording your online activities, this dangerous computer worm steals your confidential financial details, and then use this information to make money through frauds. Whenever you go online, you will receive countless numbers of the pop-up ads which is extremely annoying. Most of these ads are for commercial purposes to promote the low quality products from the unknown suppliers, or to generate traffic on the low ranked websites.
The Manual Removal of ww92.js.6bb5337c.info
When it is confirmed that the ww92.js.6bb5337c.info virus is present in your system, you need to remove this lethal infection as soon as possible. You have got manual as well as automatic options to get rid of this serious threat. The manual removal of the ww92.js.6bb5337c.info is possible but only recommended for the experienced users. Following are the detailed instructions on the manual removal of this nasty browser hijacker:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove these stubborn browser hijackers by remaining in the normal mode of operation. In this regard, you have to restart the infected system, and access the boot options menu by pressing the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager and select the Processes tab. Remove the following suspicious processes available under the processes tab before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to delete the associated files of this browser hijacker. Remove the following files that from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads\Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing all of the above mentioned steps, you have to remove the alterations made by this infection in the windows registry. Select the start menu, and execute the Regedit command through Run option. Remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads\DisplayName Ww92.js.6bb5337c.info pop-up ads
Run a complete system scan through your current antivirus software after restarting the machine in the normal mode.