The WunderWeb pop-up ads is a potentially unwanted program that works as an adware infection, and always sneaks in the computer without getting the consent of the user. This malicious application is distributed by the notorious hackers through freeware download. Once installed on any computer, the WunderWeb pop-up ads can affect your already downloaded application, and you cannot run executable files on your system. It immediately starts infecting your default browser, and it is capable of performing destructive activities on any browser, including the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and the Internet Explorer. It restricts many of the legitimate toolbars, and security related browser extensions to run on your browser. Moreover, it is also capable of removing important system files, modifying the windows registry, disabling the firewall, and several other unwanted changes. The hackers also use this program to record your browsing history.
Removal of WunderWeb pop-up ads
After discovering the WunderWeb pop-up ads infection on your system, you have to decide what method you are going to use to get rid of this malicious application quickly. There are some extremely reliable automatic tools available in this regard. Apart from that, you can also remove this infection manually; however, it is only recommended for the professional computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Accessing the system in the safe mode is a prerequisite to start the manual removal process. Restart the computer to terminate the normal mode, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the computer is restarted to see the boot options screen. Once the boot options list is accessed, you have to select the Safe Mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to proceed to the next step after accessing the safe mode operation. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager. Click on the Processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. Delete the following associated processes of the WunderWeb pop-up ads: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following suspicious files associated with the WunderWeb pop-up ads from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step, you have to remove the corrupt associated entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following malicious entries related to the WunderWeb pop-up ads:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WunderWeb\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WunderWeb\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WunderWeb\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WunderWeb\DisplayName WunderWeb
Restart the computer in the normal mode to check the success of the manual removal process, and run a complete system scan through your current updated antivirus application.