Every time you start your windows, this fake scan performed and every time it shows that your computer is at high risk. When you try to remove these fake errors through this program, you will be asked to purchase the paid version of this fake security program. When you try to buy the paid version of this program you will not only lose your money, but you also give your confidential information to these cyber crooks. Once installe, this malicious application makes your computer extremely slow by eating most of resources installed on your system, resultantly, you will experience the regular freezes, and frequent crashes on the infected system.
The Manual Removal of Worm:Win32/Skypii.A
Once the presence of the Worm:Win32/Skypii.A is confirmed, you have to find how to remove this infection as quickly as possible. You can delete this virus manually as well as automatically. The automatic removal method is easy for the basic level users, and you can remove the virus within just a few clicks of the mouse; however, the manual removal of this virus is not an easy job, and only recommended for the professional computer users.
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the computer and use F8 key to access the options regarding booting. Select the safe mode from the list, and press “Enter” to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the computer starts running in the safe mode, you have to remove the corrupt processes related to this infection. To access the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab, and delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are also required to find and delete the following files from the system files folder that are considered as the associated files of the Worm:Win32/Skypii.A.
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows egistry you need to start the registry editor. Click on the start menu, select “run”, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the enter in order to access the windows registry editor. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with the Worm:Win32/Skypii.A:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm:Win32/Skypii.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm:Win32/Skypii.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm:Win32/Skypii.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm:Win32/Skypii.A\DisplayName Worm:Win32/Skypii.A
Once these entries are removed successfully, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode. Do not forget to update the existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.