The Worm:Win32/Conficker.B is a malicious application that has infected millions of the windows based computers all over the world. This dangerous parasite often spreads through the removable drives, USB sticks, freeware downloads, and from the vulnerable software programs. Once it enters in the system successfully, it hides itself deep in the roots of the system files, and also replicate with different names. The Worm:Win32/Conficker.B is capable of damage your system completely, and can disable most of your important programs. This malicious application restrict your access to some important files, and delete the critical system files without your consent. All your searches redirected towards certain compromised websites, besides that, your home page, desktop background, and default search engine also changed. This dangerous parasite display annoying pop-up ads on the screen f the infected machine due to which you are unable to perform any kind of browsing.
The Manual Removal of Worm:Win32/Conficker.B
Once the system is infected by the Worm:Win32/Conficker.B, you have to immediately remove this virus from your computer. You can use automatic removal tool for easy removal. The experienced users can use the manual removal method to get rid of this virus. One thing which you must keep in mind is that, the chances of the success of the manual removal method depends on your knowledge about the removal of such parasites manually. The manual removal method consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you have to restart the system in the safe mode by using the F8 key while the system is restarting to see the list of options. You have to select the safe mode option and hit the enter key to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once you are able to operate your computer in the safe mode, you have to delete the malicious processes associated with the Worm:Win32/Conficker.B. This can be done by opening the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. You have to find as well as delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the corrupt processes, you have to delete the following files associated with this parasite.:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to reverse the modification made by the Worm:Win32/Conficker.B in the windows registry. You have to open the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor started, you just need to remove the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm:Win32/Conficker.B\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm:Win32/Conficker.B\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm:Win32/Conficker.B\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm:Win32/Conficker.B\DisplayName Worm:Win32/Conficker.B
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see the success of the changes you have just made, and update your existing antivirus to run a complete system scan.