The Worm.Zhelatin.GG is a malicious application categorized as spyware. Once installed, this dangerous virus starts spying your online activities. Besides that, this spyware is capable of destroying your hard drive as well as important data files. The Worm.Zhelatin.GG also connect the infected computer to a remote server and allow hackers to perform a number of illegal activities. This virus also records your keystrokes, steal your passwords, emails, credit card details, and bank account credentials. This spyware can infect all the versions of windows operating system, and it is hard to detect or remove this virus even with the help of the most powerful antivirus program. Once installed, this spyware immediately starts eating the resources of your computer, and resultantly you will face the regular crashes as well as the slowdown in the speed of your system. The cyber criminals use this malicious application to steal your money.
The Manual Removal of Worm.Zhelatin.GG
After detecting the Worm.Zhelatin.GG, you have to think about how to get rid of this spyware. In this regard, you can take help of any reliable automatic removal tool that are easily available online. If you prefer to remove this virus manually, you have to make sure that you can differentiate the sensitive system files and entries from the corrupt files and entries. The manual removal method of this virus is possible and there are several steps of this process that are mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before start deleting anything, you must have to restart the infected computer in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. You have to use the F8 key to see the boot menu where you have to select the safe mode option.
Kill the Associated Processes
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager window where you have to click on the processes tab. You can see a list of running processes under the processes tab and you need to locate as well as delete the following associated processes of this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of this virus is removing the corrupt, and associated files. You have to find as well as delete the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu options and choose Run before writing the “RegEdit.Exe” in the box to start the registry editor. You have to find the following suspicious entries from the windows registry, and delete them one by one. After deleting all of these entries you have to close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Zhelatin.GG\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Zhelatin.GG\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Zhelatin.GG\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Zhelatin.GG\DisplayName Worm.Zhelatin.GG
Once done with it, restart the system in the normal mode and see the virus is removed successfully or not. Do not forget to update your existing antivirus program before running a system scan.