The Worm.win32.debris.a is a nasty computer virus that enters in the windows based systems by finding the holes in the security of the system. Once installed, the Worm.win32.debris.a replicates itself in the system on different places and also on the other computers on the same network. This is a network aware type of virus that can spread across the network through shared folders. This malicious application often enters in the computers through spam email attachments, and removable memory devices. It is hard to detect this type of virus through an antivirus program, and even if you are able to detect, you cannot remove it through your antivirus software. The Worm.win32.debris.a is a lethal infection and a major threat to your computer that not only remove the important system files but also restrict your access towards the most visited data folders. Besides that, this malicious application also blocks important system utilities such as task manager and registry editor. This stealthy virus always performs a number of unwanted activities on your system in order to steal the personal information.
The Manual Removal of Worm.win32.debris.a
After knowing that your system is under attack by the Worm.win32.debris.a, you have to leave everything behind and remove this virus at your earliest. There are some reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this virus. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available that consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system, and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot option menu. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode option and hit the enter key in order to terminate the normal mode of your PC and operate it in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system operates in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to see the task manager, click on the processes tab and remove the following malicious processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to delete the associated data of this virus. In this regard, following are the files that are hidden in the system files folder that you have to delete:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You can remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry by accessing the registry editor with the help of the “Regedit” command that can be executed through “Run” option available in the “Start menu”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following associated registry entries of the Worm.win32.debris.a:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.win32.debris.a\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.win32.debris.a\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.win32.debris.a\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.win32.debris.a\DisplayName Worm.win32.debris.a
Restart the system in the normal mode, and run a system scan to remove any infections caused by this virus.