The Worm.Sleeper is a malware that has recently distributed by the international hackers to infect the windows based platforms, and can damage the computers severely if not removed in time. The Worm.Sleeper is a type of parasite that can download more infections on the system without getting the consent of the user. Once installed, the Worm.Sleeper makes your system super slow, and allows the hackers to control your whole system remotely. These hackers use this access to steal your confidential details including the precious financial information. This malicious application is capable of opening the backdoor for the additional parasites by changing the windows firewall, and disabling the antivirus tools. This dangerous malware propagates through spam email attachments, freeware downloads, performing unsafe browsing, visiting porn websites, social media links, and using corrupt removable devices. The Worm.Sleeper infection modifies most of the basic settings in your system, and creates startup keys in the windows registry. Besides removing the crucial system files, the Worm.Sleeper virus also delete the most accessed data folders. This dangerous virus is also known as a resource eater as it utilizes a large portion of your total system resources.
The Manual Removal of Worm.Sleeper
The Worm.Sleeper virus is needed to be deal accordingly once it is found inside the system. You can remove this lethal infection manually, or by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool. The instructions for the manual removal of the Worm.Sleeper virus are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to terminate the normal mode by restarting the PC, and use the F8 key while the system is restarting to access the booting choices. Select the safe mode option from the available choices, and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step is removal of the associated processes of the Worm.Sleeper infection; you have to access the windows task manager. The list of processes running in the background of the PC is available under the processes tab in the task manager window. You must remove the following associated processes of this malware:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are the associated files of the Worm.Sleeper infection hidden in the system files folder of your local hard drive, and required to be removed quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select “Run”, and write “regedit.exe” before pressing the “OK” button. You have to delete the following corrupt entries associated with the Worm.Sleeper once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Sleeper\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Sleeper\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Sleeper\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Sleeper\DisplayName Worm.Sleeper
Close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus so that the infections caused by this malware can be deleted effectively.