The Worm.Phorpiex.U is a malicious application designed to steal the important information of the users including their bank account, and credit card details. It can affect all the versions of windows operating system, and performs severe action on the infected machines. Once it is installed on your computer, it can slows down the speed, and reduce the performance of the infected computer considerably by occupying most of the resources installed in the computer. The Worm.Phorpiex.U has the ability to disable all your security tools including the antivirus program which makes your system vulnerable for other types of threats. After presenting itself as legitimate software it performs fake scan on your computer and shows fake results of this scan in which you are warned to remove these infections immediately otherwise your computer can stop working permanently. When you try to remove these infections, you are asked to buy a licensed version of the Worm.Phorpiex.U. Once this threat is detected on your computer, your goal is to remove this immediately. You can choose an automatic removal tool to get rid of this parasite, or you can also remove it through manual removal method.
Manual Removal of Worm.Phorpiex.U
After deciding it to remove the Worm.Phorpiex.U manually, you need to become aware of that fact that the chances of the success of manual removal method depends on your experience of removing such threats in past. For the novice users, it is recommended that they should remove this malicious application through an automatic removal tool.
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
Before start deleting the files, folders, and registry entries, you need to restart the computer in the safe mode. Simply restart the PC, and press F8 key to start the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your computer, you have to select the safe mode option.
Kill the Associated Process
After restarting the computer in safe mode, the next step is to kill the malicious processes associated with the Worm.Phorpiex.U. You have to remove these processes by starting windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is started, you have to find and delete the following related processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete The Files and Folders
Once you are done with the processes stuff, now you have to find and delete the following malicious files:-
Delete Associated Registry Entries
Once the files are removed, you have to start the registry editor by running the “Regedit” command, and navigate as well as delete the following malicious associated registry entries stored in the windows registry by Worm.Phorpiex.U.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Phorpiex.U\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Phorpiex.U\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Phorpiex.U\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Phorpiex.U\DisplayName Worm.Phorpiex.U
When the removal of above mentioned entries takes place, you have to close the registry editor and start the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal method.