The Worm.MSIL.Necast.J is recently discovered malware that has infected windows based computers in the different parts of the world. The Worm.MSIL.Necast.J can infect all the versions of the windows operating system including the Vista, XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8. The Worm.MSIL.Necast.J spreads through the removable storage devices, and p2p sharing. This malicious application is designed with advanced level coding due to which you cannot remove or even detect it through any type of antivirus software. Once installed on any PC, this dangerous malware opens backdoor for the additional threats such as Trojan horses, spyware, and malware. The notorious hackers use this virus as a tool to steal the identity of the selected users in order to steal their money through frauds. Once installed, this extremely dangerous infection can make your system very slow, and you will also experience the frequent crashes. You are unable to perform your routine work as most of your system files either changed or removed due to which your system starts behaving weirdly.
The Manual Removal of Worm.MSIL.Necast.J
Once this malicious application found on the hard drive of your PC, you have to clean it quickly as well as completely so that it will not return back. You can do it automatically and manually, but keep in mind that the manual removal is not easy which is only recommended for the experienced users and consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The Worm.MSIL.Necast.J infection cannot be removed in the normal mode as you cannot access many of the important system utilities remaining in the normal mode of operation. The safe mode can be accessed through the boot options menu which you can access by using the F8 key while the system is restarted.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and once the task manager is accessed, you have to click on the processes tab where you can see a list of running processes. You have to remove the following suspicious processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following corrupt files associated with the Worm.MSIL.Necast.J from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the additional registry entries created by the Worm.MSIL.Necast.J in order to complete the manual removal process. You have to access the registry editor to complete this step for which you have to open the start menu, select Run, and execute the Regedit command. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to remove the following malicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.MSIL.Necast.J\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.MSIL.Necast.J\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.MSIL.Necast.J\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.MSIL.Necast.J\DisplayName Worm.MSIL.Necast.J
In the end you are required to start the system in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes.