The Worm.Mevon.A is a deadly dangerous virus that immediately changes all the settings of your windows operating system in the infected computer once installed. It has the ability to make your system extremely vulnerable by opening backdoor for additional malware. Once the Worm.Mevon.A installed on your computer you will receive a number of annoying pop-up ads on the screen which makes it almost impossible for you to browse or perform any other task on the system. This virus spread through spam email attachments, removable discs, social media links, and P2P sharing. It is capable of hijacking your browser, and changes the default search engine as well as the homepage.
The Instructions for Removal of Worm.Mevon.A
When your system is compromised to this malicious application, you have to get rid of this quickly. You can remove the Worm.Mevon.A both ways, either by using any powerful automatic removal tool through which you can get rid of this within just a few clicks of the mouse, or by using the complicated instructions of manual removal method. The manual removal method consists of the following steps:-
Select the Safe Mode
The first step of manual method is rebooting the machine in the safe mode. You can terminate the normal mode by just restarting the system, and to see the list of boot options. You have to use the F8 key to access the boot options, and select the safe mode option from the list to start your PC in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
Once your system starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the malicious processes created by the Worm.Mevon.A. You can do this by accessing the task manager window by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is visible on the screen of your computer, you have to make a click on the processes tab, and delete following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
You have to remove the files that are created by this virus. In this regard following are the files that are required to be find as well as delete by using the file explorer along with the Delete key:-
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
You have to remove the registry entries created by the Worm.Mevon.A. The registry entries can be deleted or modified with the help of registry editor which can be accessed by running the “RegEdit” Command in the command prompt. Once the registry editor is started, you have to look for the following entries and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Mevon.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Mevon.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Mevon.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Mevon.A\DisplayName Worm.Mevon.A
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the success of the manual removal method. Update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan on your system to delete the infections created by this deadly virus.