The Worm.Hamweq.DA is another dangerous computer worm that sneaks in the computers without the consent of the users and perform various harmful activities within the system. Once installed on the PC, the Worm.Hamweq.DA makes your system very slow, and delete some of the most important system files from your computer. Once enters in the system completely, it will modify the default windows registry entries by adding corrupt startup keys to execute itself automatically every time you start the windows. This dangerous worm is used by the hackers for commercial purposes such as generating traffic on the unknown and low ranked websites as well as make commission through promotion of the affiliate products. You will see a number of unwanted, and annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected machine due to which you are unable to perform your daily tasks. The overall performance of the system also compromised because of this infection.
The Manual Removal of Worm.Hamweq.DA
After confirming the presence of the Worm.Hamweq.DA on your hard drive, you have to find a method to delete this malicious application. In this regard, you have two options available including the automatic removal method and a manual removal process. The manual removal process is difficult and mentioned below :-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you are required to boot the PC in the safe mode by restarting it, and selecting the safe mode option from the list of boot options that you can access by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to see that the PC is working in the safe mode, the next thing which you have to do is removal of the malicious processes added by the Worm.Hamweq.DA infection. You are required to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab in the task manager window and remove the following processes associated to this dangerous infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and proceed to the system files folder to find as well as delete the following suspicious files associated with the Worm.Hamweq.DA infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to clean the windows registry by removing the additiuons created by the Worm.Hamweq.DA infection. The registry editor can be accessed through the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start Menu. Following are the entries that are required to be deleted from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Hamweq.DA\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Hamweq.DA\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Hamweq.DA\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Hamweq.DA\DisplayName Worm.Hamweq.DA
Close the registry editor to reboot the machine again in the normal mode to see the process of manual removal of this malicious virus is successful or otherwise.