The Worm.Beoter.A is a dangerous computer infections specifically designed to infect the windows platform, and spreads through p2p sharing of files. This malicious application cannot be detected through normal antivirus tools as it is developed through advanced level codes. This worm has the ability to damage your system permanently by corrupting some crucial system files without providing you any information. After stealing your confidential details, the Worm.Beoter.A transfers it remotely to the hackers who use this information for cyber crimes, and other frauds to make money. After changing the basic internet settings such as home page, default browser, and default search engine, this malicious parasite redirect all the searches of the user towards unknown places. Often Worm.Beoter.A virus performs fake scans on the system and shows that the computer has several errors. The Worm.Beoter.A can delete crucial files of the windows operating system along with other important exe files which makes your system extremely weird. Besides that, this malicious application also modifies the DNS settings as well as creates the corrupt entries in the windows registry.
The Manual Removal of Worm.Beoter.A
Once the system comes under attack by the Worm.Beoter.A infection, your goal is to remove this virus effectively from your system so that it will never return back. You can do this manually or by using any available automatic removal tool. The manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the computer to terminate the normal mode of operation, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. Once the boot options are visible, select the safe mode from the list and hit the Enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. After accessing the task manager, you have to select the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of the system. Remove the following associated processes of the Worm.Beoter.A infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After resolving the processes issue, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Worm.Beoter.A virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to delete the corrupt entries added by the Worm.Beoter.A virus in the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Access the registry editor with the help of the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries associated with this infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Beoter.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Beoter.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Beoter.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Beoter.A\DisplayName Worm.Beoter.A
Restart the system to evaluate the effect of the manual removal process. You are also required to run a system scan through your antivirus program.