The Worm.Beoter.A is a malicious application that is designed specifically to attack the windows based computers. This dangerous virus spreads through spam email attachments, removable devices, and p2p sharing. Once installed on any computer, the Worm.Beoter.A is capable of creating corrupt files, and malicious entries in the windows registry. Once your computer becomes victim of this virus, it will become extremely slow, and you are unable to complete the routine work. This dangerous virus also acts like a browser hijacker, and can hijack all the major browsers, and redirects all your searching efforts towards the phishing websites where you are encouraged to buy products from unknown publishers. Besides that, you can also see a number of pop-up ads on the screen once this malicious application installed on your computer.
The Instructions for Removal of Worm.Beoter.A
After knowing that the Worm.Beoter.A is installed on your system, your goal is to get rid of this virus immediately. You can delete this malware by using the automatic tool, or manually. The manual removal method consists of the following steps:-
Select the Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts from the rebooting the machine in the safe mode. You can terminate the normal mode by just restarting the system, and to see the list of boot options. You have to use the F8 key to access the boot options, and select the safe mode option from the list to start your PC in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
After restarting your computer in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes of the Worm.Beoter.A. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager. Once the task manager window is visible on the screen of your computer, you have to make a click on the processes tab. Here you can see a number of processes running in the background, and you have to delete following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
Deleting the associated files along with the folders is the next step of manual removal process. In this regard you have to find and delete the following files by using the file explorer along with the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Worm.Beoter.A .lnk
- %Programs%\Worm.Beoter.A \Worm.Beoter.A .lnk
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
You also need to delete the registry entries created by the Worm.Beoter.A in the windows registry. The changes in the windows registry can be done with the help of registry editor which can be accessed by running the “RegEdit” Command in the command prompt. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to look for the following entries and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Beoter.A \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Beoter.A \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Beoter.A \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Beoter.A \DisplayName Worm.Beoter.A
Once done all the above mentioned steps, restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor. Update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan on your system to delete the infections created by this deadly virus.