The Worm.Autorun.M is a malicious application that can make your computer completely useless. This virus spreads through spam email attachments, p2p sharing, and downloading the unsafe software programs. Once this parasite installed on your computer, it has the ability to change your browser settings along with the privacy settings, redirects you towards certain websites, and steals your financial information to use it for criminal purposes. This is a malicious application that presents itself as a legitimate antivirus program and perform fake scan on your PC. It will show you that your computer has a lot of errors, and to remove these errors you need to buy an upgraded version of Worm.Autorun.M. It keeps sending you fake security alarms through pop-ups unless you buy this program. When this parasite infects your PC, it affects the performance and speed of the computer negatively. You have to avoid paying them money because this is a bogus application, and you need to remove it quickly once it is detected on your computer.
Manual Removal of Worm.Autorun.M
Though there are some automatic tools available to get rid of this application, but you can also remove Worm.Autorun.M manually through following complicated steps.
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
First of all you have to restart the PC in safe mode, and in this regard, you have to press F8 key while your computer is restarting to see the boot option menu. Once you are able to see the different boot options, you have to select the first option which is Safe Mode.
Kill the Associated Process
Once the computer starts in the safe mode, it becomes possible for you to kill the malicious associated process. In this regard, you have to use the windows task manager. To start the windows task manager you need to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and choose Processes option once the task manager started. You have to identify the following process, and press End Process button to kill this malicious process.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete Files and Folders
After ending the associated processes, you also need to get rid of the related files and folders. In this regard you have to find and delete the following associated files of the Worm.Autorun.M.
Delete Associated Registry Entries
In the end you have to clean the windows registry. In order to find and remove associated entries of this malicious application, you need to start the registry editor for which you have to choose Run from the start menu, and type “RegEdit” in the box before pressing the “OK” button. Once the registry editor is started, you can then navigate to the following registry entries and remove them one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Autorun.M\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Autorun.M\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Autorun.M\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Autorun.M\DisplayName Worm.Autorun.M
After removing the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor and start the computer in the normal mode.