The Worm.Ahack is a malicious computer virus that comes in the windows based systems secretly without getting the consent of the user, and disturbs the overall performance of the computer. The Worm.Ahack infection spreads through the spam email messages, and sharing of files with other computers. This dangerous worm distributed from the different countries, and you will see the IP’s of different parts of the world including Holland, Australia, Japan, Russia and few more western countries. The hackers use the Worm.Ahack to get the remote access of the targeted computers, and steal their confidential details such as bank account credentials, credit card details, browsing history, shopping habits, and passwords. You will notice huge modification took place in your system without your permission. This includes the windows registry, firewall, security settings, browser settings, default search engine, and default browser. Once the Worm.Ahack infection invades the system, it redirects all your searches towards compromised web pages where you are encouraged to buy certain products from the unknown suppliers. This dangerous computer worm eats a large portion of your total system resources due to which you will experience he slow speed while responding your command, and takes too much time to open any website or program.
The Manual Removal of Worm.Ahack
Once the Worm.Ahack reported in the computer, your goal is to decide which method is best to remove this infection according to your expertise. You can remove this virus manually, or through any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal instructions are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to restart the PC in the safe mode to start the removal process. Restart the PC, and use the F8 key to access the boot options. Select the safe mode option from the available choices, and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After restarting the system in the safe mode you have to delete the associated processes of the Worm.Ahack virus; you need to access the windows task manager. You can see the list of processes running in the background of the PC under the processes tab in the task manager window. You must remove the following associated processes of this computer worm:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to delete the following associated files from the system files folder immediately by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the alterations from the windows registry created by the Worm.Ahack infection. Access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select “Run”, and write “regedit.exe” before pressing the “OK” button. Delete the following malicious entries associated with the Worm.Ahack once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Ahack\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Ahack\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Ahack\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Worm.Ahack\DisplayName Worm.Ahack
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see the effect of manual removal efforts.