The Winload Toolbar is actually a malicious application, and a computer virus that comes under the category of dangerous browser hijackers that try to take the full control of your browsing once entered secretly in your system. Once installed, the Winload Toolbar change all your default internet settings and resultantly you will find a new home page, and a new default search engine that is quite annoying. You are unable to perform any kind of browsing because of this tricky virus as it floods your screen with the countless number of pop-up ads. You are unable to visit any of your websites as every time you try to open any website, you will be redirected towards the unknown places. All of these harmful activities are performed by the cyber crooks in order to access your personal details along with your browsing history, and use this information to steal your money through frauds.
The Manual Removal of Winload Toolbar
Once it is confirmed that your computer is under attack from the Winload Toolbar virus, you have to think how to remove this virus completely. For the novice users we recommended the automatic removal method, but there is a manual removal option is also available. The instructions for the manual removal of the Winload Toolbar are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and press the Enter key to change the mode of operation from the normal mode to safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once you are able to operate the PC in the safe mode successfully, you have to get rid of the processes added by the Winload Toolbar virus. You can do this by accessing the processes tab available in the windows task manager. You have to remove the following suspicious processes once you are able to see the list of running processes in the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the system files folder and remove the following associated files of this dangerous browser hijacker quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\Winload Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Winload Toolbar\Winload Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the malicious additions in the windows registry by using the registry editor. You can access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, choosing Run, and write “RegEdit” before hitting the enter key. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winload Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winload Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winload Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winload Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winload Toolbar\DisplayName Winload Toolbar
Once done with the above steps, you have to close the registry editor and resume the normal mode of operation by restarting your computer. Do not forget to check the infections caused by this virus by running a complete the system scan after updating the antivirus program.