The Windows Warding Module present itself as a security software but actually this is a faker application that has nothing to do with the security of your computer. This malicious application often enters in the system by using a Trojan virus, and start performing fake scans to threaten you about the security of your computer. Every time you start the windows, the Windows Warding Module virus starts automatically and perform the so called scan which shows several errors on the system. This is actually a wisely designed trap to take your money away along with the crucial personal details. This virus is classified as a rogue application that misleads the users to purchase the paid version of this fake antivirus application.
The Manual Removal of Windows Warding Module
Once the presence of the Windows Warding Module virus is confirmed, you have to take some concrete steps to remove this infection as quickly as possible. You can do this either manually or by using any automatic removal tool. The process of the manual removal is extremely difficult and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must start the system in the safe mode to start removing the Windows Warding Module infection manually. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Select the safe mode from the available options and select the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are also required to remove the processes created by the Windows Warding Module. In this regard, you have to access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background to delete the following malicious processes associated with the Windows Warding Module:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are also required to get rid of the associated data of the Windows Warding Module. Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder where you have to delete the following files with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Windows Warding Module.lnk
- %Programs%\Windows Warding Module\Windows Warding Module.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to clean the windows registry by opening the registry editor. You have to access the start menu, click on the Run option, and write “regedit.exe” in the box before pressing the OK button to open the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Warding Module\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Warding Module
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Warding Module\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Warding Module\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Warding Module\DisplayName Windows Warding Module
Restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the manual removal instructions, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program.