Windows Virtual Security is a serious malware which pretends to be a legal antivirus program. It will display various security alerts that your computer is affected with malwares. All these security alerts are bogus and none of the malwares detected by Windows Virtual Security actually exists in reality. The security alerts shown by the malicious program are designed with sophistication so they will look like professional alerts and one might believe on them. The main purpose of the malwares like Windows Virtual Security is to gain money from the innocent users, which they get by asking the users to upgrade the program. The users, after believing on the virus and malware detection, when asks the malicious program to clean the viruses, get notified to upgrade the program to its full version. As only then it will be able to completely remove all the potential viruses.
Windows Virtual Security’s presence is very dangerous to your computer as it will open up your computer to other malwares. It also installs some of the most dangerous spywares in your computer without you being aware of it. The Windows Virtual Security, besides doing the above-mentioned things, also steals your important information like credit card number, IP address, user name and password, and sells this information to hackers. The Windows Virtual Security, after entering into your computer, changes all the registry key values and makes itself legal so your antivirus cannot detect it. It also gets complete control of your system, therefore, not allowing you to remove it.
However, following is a detailed guide on how you can remove Windows Virtual Security from your affected computer system.
Remove Windows Virtual Security processes
- Press the windows key with the key ‘R’ from the keyboard.
- Enter taskmgr in the run program and press enter.
- This will open the windows task manager.
- Select the tab which is named ‘processes’ from the windows task manager window.
- The Windows Virtual Security processes that should be removed are:
- Find the process from the ‘image name’; right click on the desired process and press Delete from the options.
Remove Windows Virtual Security registry key values
- Open Run program using above method.
- Type ‘regedit’ and press enter.
- In the registry editor go to the right most section and click on Edit then select the option Find.
- Enter the Windows Virtual Security registry key entry values one by one and press Ok.
- Now right click on the found result, select the option Modify and then press Delete.
- The Windows Virtual Security registries key entry values that you must find and then remove are:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “ID” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “net” = “2012-2-17_2″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “UID” = “rudbxijemb”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\_avp32.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\_avpcc.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ashDisp.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\divx.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mostat.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\platin.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tapinstall.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\zapsetup3001.exe
Remove Windows Virtual Security other files
- Go to Start and then on Search.
- Locate the option ‘For files and folders’ which is best suitable to your need.
- Enter the Windows Virtual Security file name and select the option ‘My computer’ to get the fast and quick results.
- Right click on the found file and select the option Delete.
- The Windows Virtual Security files that must be deleted are: