The Windows Virtual Protector is a malignant program that is classified as a fake anti spyware, and invades the windows based computers secretly. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it creates several performance based issues in the computer. The basic objective of this nasty computer infection is to extract the money from the pockets of the innocent computer users. The Windows Virtual Protector sneaks in the computer while visiting the compromised websites, live video streaming, freeware download, and Trojans. Once this nasty infection settles down in the system, it performs fake scans on the system, and always show that the computer has got several errors. When you try to fix these so called errors, you will be asked to buy the paid version of this fake anti spyware or anti malware program. It is responsible for several modifications in the system, and replaces the host files to take the control of your computer.
Removal of Windows Virtual Protector
The Windows Virtual Protector is a serious threat to the overall performance of your computer; therefore, you should address this issue as a top priority after discovering this virus. In this regard, there are a number of reliable automatic tools available. Besides that, you can also remove this fake anti spyware manually, by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to start the manual removal process, you have to boot the infected computer in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC to terminate the normal mode, and strike the F8 key to access the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the list, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to get rid of the associated processes of this infection. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Click on the processes tab under the task manager window to get rid of the following malicious processes associated with the Windows Virtual Protector:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove of the following associated files of the Libero.it:-
- %Desktopdir%\Windows Virtual Protector.lnk
- %Programs%\Windows Virtual Protector\Windows Virtual Protector.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last, and most important step of this process is, cleaning the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit to open the registry editor. Remove the following entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Virtual Protector\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Virtual Protector
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Virtual Protector\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Virtual Protector\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Virtual Protector\DisplayName Windows Virtual Protector
Finally, close the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to see the infection is eliminated successfully, or still present in the system.