The Windows Ultimate Booster is a malicious application that present itself as a legitimate software, but in reality this is nothing more than a fake antivirus application that is developed, and distributed to trap the innocent computer users, and take their money away. Once installed, it stops some of the windows utilities, and blocks your access towards certain programs. After modifying your security settings, it blocks your security tools so that you are unable to detect this nasty rogue application. Once installed on any PC, it starts performing the fake scans, and shows that the system is at high risk. When you go to remove the errors, it will force you to buy the paid version of this so called antivirus program. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with the security of your PC.
Removal of Windows Ultimate Booster
After confirming the presence of this malicious application on your system, the next thing you need to do is remove this rogue virus without wasting a single minute. You can do this with the help of any powerful automatic removal tool. The manual removal process is possible yet extremely complicated that is recommended to the experienced users. The instructions for the manual removal method are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove this virus by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, you have to boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and keep hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to get the access of the boot options screen. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option with the help of the arrow keys before striking the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is visible on the screen, you have to click on the Processes tab under the task manager window, and kill the following malicious processes associated with the Windows Ultimate Booster before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step, you have to remove the associated data of this rogue application. In this regard, remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Windows Ultimate Booster.lnk
- %Programs%\Windows Ultimate Booster\Windows Ultimate Booster.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the suspicious entries, and unwanted additions from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following suspicious entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Ultimate Booster\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Ultimate Booster
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Ultimate Booster\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Ultimate Booster\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Ultimate Booster\DisplayName Windows Ultimate Booster
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to see if this rogue application is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.