Windows profound security is a malicious antivirus program related to rogue family of fakeries. This program shows scan results which are false and displays fake security alerts, thus, interrupts the normal working procedure of your computer, and that is why it is classified as a rogue software. Reason behind such tricks is to frighten the computer users to buy the program. This specific program is distributed by means of three methods. Windows Profound Security is distributed through hacked websites which utilize the guest’s susceptible programs to install this rogue software without user’s permission – this is the first method. The second method to distribute this fake program is to utilize those websites that shows fake online antivirus scanners and pretend to scan your system and result displays that your computer is infected. Then, persuade you to download and install the full version of windows profound security to remove the viruses. The last method is with the use of Trojans that pretends to be very essential to see an online video.
When the rogue software is installed on your system, it will automatically start workingwhenever the windows start. Once the Windows Profound Security is started, it will precede a fake scan which shows that your system is infected with various viruses and malwares. And if you want to utilize the program to remove those infections or viruses,you will have to purchase the Windows Profound Security’s full version,so it may remove all those viruses effectively. All the scan results are false,and mostly, many of the infected documents do not even exist on your system. So this is a scam. Hence, do not buy the program and avoid all the scan results.
Remove the Windows Profound Security program by following the below-mentioned steps:
Remove Windows Profound Security processes
- Go to Start and then on run.
- Type taskmgr and press Ok.
- Or you can also open the windows task manager directly by pressing ALT+CTRL+DEL.
- At the top of the task manager window find the tab which is named ‘processes’.
- Look for the Windows Profound Securityprocesses there; you will need to find the process which is named:
- When you have found the required process, right click on the Windows Profound Security process and select the option Delete from the many available choices.
Remove Windows Profound Security registry values
- Open Run program using above mentioned steps.
- Type regedit and click enter.
- Go in the left side of the registry editor from the two sections of the registry editor.
- Now click on Edit.
- You will need to further click on the Find option and enter Windows Profound Security registry values.
- Select the found Windows Profound Securityregistry key entry values and select Delete.
- The Windows Profound Security registry values that must be removed immediately are:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “ID” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “net” = “2012-2-17_2″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “UID” = “rudbxijemb”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\_avp32.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\_avpcc.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ashDisp.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\divx.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mostat.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\platin.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tapinstall.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\zapsetup3001.exe
Remove Windows Profound Security other files
- Go to start > Search> Enter the file name > Press enter.
- Right click on the found file result and press delete.
- The Windows Profound Security file name is: