Windows PRO Scanner is a rogue anti-spyware program that claims to be a real and legitimate program but, this fact is far from truth. Windows PRO Scanner is actually a spyware that spreads via Trojans, and most of the times, it comes along with the bundled list of downloaded software. Once it founds a way to enter your computer, you may not get rid of it easily. It installs itself without caring for the permission of the user and takes complete control of your computer system. It runs a fake scan of the entire computer, and in the result of which, shows a long list of infections in your computers. Along with this, the list of infected files, Windows PRO Scanner also displays security errors that keep on irritating the users whenever they try to open something.
These malicious tools are very hard to completely delete from the computer system. As soon as you have detected Windows PRO Scanner running in your computer, make sure to immediately delete it. If you will try to access the internet to download a software that can remove the Windows PRO Scanner instantly and automatically, the tool will not allow you to do so. However, you can access the internet by changing the proxy server; but we recommend you to remove the malicious Windows PRO Scanner by yourself. Do not worry if you do not know how to do this, the following article provides you all the required help.
In this article, we will guide you step by step with the entire Windows PRO Scanner processes and files name that should be removed. Firstly, you will need to restart your computer and keep pressing the F8 key until you see the option menu. From the menu, choose the option ‘safe mood with networking’ and press enter. Now when the computer starts, you will notice that you can access the windows task manager and that too without the annoying security pop ups.
Remove Windows PRO Scanner processes
- Go to start button and then select the option Run.
- In the given space type taskmgr and press enter.
- You will notice that there are many tabs in the windows task manager our required tab is the ‘processes’ tab click on it.
- All the active processes are arranged alphabetically in the field name ‘image name’, find the processes Inspector-[rnd].exe and Protector-[rnd].exe there.
- Now when you locate the required processes right click on it and select the option Delete.
Remove Windows PRO Scanner registry entry values
- Click on Start then click on Run.
- Type regedit and click on Ok.
- Click on edit in the left pane of the registry editor. After clicking edit now go to Find and type the registry values.
- Right click on the registry values and select Delete.
The registry values are:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “ID” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “net” = “2012-2-17_2″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “UID” = “rudbxijemb”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\_avp32.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\_avpcc.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ashDisp.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\divx.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mostat.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\platin.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\tapinstall.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\zapsetup3001.exe
Remove Windows PRO Scanner Files
- Go to start and then on Search.
- Type the files %AppData%\Inspector-[rnd].exe and %AppData%\Protector-[rnd].exe and press enter.
- Right click on the found files and select Delete.