The Windows Prime Shield is a fake security software that is classified as a computer worm that can harm your system in a number of different ways. This malicious application spreads through file sharing networks, downloading freeware, visiting porn websites, and spam emails. Once installed, it performs fake scans on the system, and shows several errors on your computer. However, this scan, and its results are totally fake that are considered as a trap. The hackers designed this rogue application with the clear motive to force the users to buy the paid version of this so called security software by using your credit card. Keep in mind that if you go to buy this application, you will not only lose your hard earned money, but you also transfer your personal details to these notorious cyber crooks who can use your information for cyber crimes, and online frauds.
Removal of Windows Prime Shield
The Windows Prime Shield rogue application is a nasty computer virus that must be removed in a way that it will never return back to your PC. You can select any automatic tool to get rid of this virus. Besides that, you can also remove this infection manually by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to access the safe mode on the infected system so that to execute the manual removal instructions. Restart the PC, and press the F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options, before selecting the safe mode. Strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to end the associated processes of the Windows Prime Shield. In this regard, open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes. Find as well as remove the following processes associated with this nasty rogue infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Windows Prime Shield.lnk
- %Programs%\Windows Prime Shield\Windows Prime Shield.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to get rid of the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete this process. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Remove the following entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Shield\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Shield
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Shield\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Shield\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Shield\DisplayName Windows Prime Shield
Close the registry editor, and boot the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal method. Run a system scan through any reliable antivirus program.