The Windows Prime Booster is a dangerous rogue application that belongs from the FakeVimes family of rogue infections. This malicious application is classified as a scareware program because it performs the fake scans on the infected system and shows the scary results of these scans to threaten the users, and force them to buy the licensed version of this fake application. Once this nasty rogue application able to infiltrate in the computer, it will not allow you to access many of the legitimate applications of your windows operating system. Once installed, the Windows Prime Booster configured itself automatically, and creates the fake startup keys in the windows registry. After performing the fake scans, it always shows that the system has several errors, and when you try to fix these errors, you will be asked to buy the paid version. Keep in mind that these scans, as well as the results are fake, and a wisely designed trap that is set by the hackers for you.
Removal of Windows Prime Booster
The Windows Prime Booster is a malicious application that is extremely dangerous for the privacy of your data and security of your system resources. In order to remove this infection from your computer, you have to select any powerful automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal is also available in this regard that is extremely complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options, and select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to end the associated processes of this rogue application. In this regard, you need to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window. Click on the processes tab in this window to find as well as remove the following processes associated with the Windows Prime Booster before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Windows Prime Booster.lnk
- %Programs%\Windows Prime Booster\Windows Prime Booster.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry by removing the modifications created by this nasty adware program to complete the manual removal of this virus. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Remove the following entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Booster\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Booster
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Booster\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Booster\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Prime Booster\DisplayName Windows Prime Booster
Restart the system in the normal mode to evaluate the success of this process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus.