The Windows Premium Shield is actually a fake antivirus that present itself as a useful security application but in reality this is a computer virus classified as a rogue application. Once installed, the Windows Premium Shieldit performs fake scans on the system, and shows that there are a number of errors available in your computer. When you try to fix these so called errors, you will be forced to purchase the paid version of this fake application. This malicious application can easily avoid the most powerful antivirus program. The Windows Premium Shield also infect the windows registry by adding corrupt entries, destroy important system files, and block your access towards many of the important system utilities. This nasty rogue applicaion makes your system super slow by consuming most of the resources installed in your computer.
Removal of Windows Premium Shield
After knowing the presence of the Windows Premium Shield virus inside the system, you have to address this issue as a top priority. There are manual removal as well as automatic tools available to get rid of this rogue application. The manual removal of this nasty infection is not an easy task, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process started once you are able to access the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Select the safe mode option before hitting the Enter key to open the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to kill the associated processes of the Windows Premium Shield virus. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab where you have to find and remove the following processes from the list before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You are also required to remove the following associated files of the Windows Premium Shield from he system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Windows Premium Shield.lnk
- %Programs%\Windows Premium Shield\Windows Premium Shield.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to remove the alterations made by this infection in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by selecting the start menu, choose Run option, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries associated with the Windows Premium Shield:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Premium Shield\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Premium Shield
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Premium Shield\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Premium Shield\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Premium Shield\DisplayName Windows Premium Shield
You have to start the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see how effectively the manual removal process is enforced. If this rogue virus is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus program.