The Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker is a malicious application that is classified as a browser hijacker with complete features of the redirect virus. After hijacking the default browser on the infected system, this nasty infection redirects the user towards hacked websites, and sponsored links. Once installed, the Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker modifies the home page, and desktop. It is capable of harassing all the browsers including the Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. All the searches are manipulated and full of the sponsored links. After tracking your browsing preferences, this nasty infection sends you the targeted pop-up ads according to your browsing habits. It also deactivates important system utilities such as registry editor and windows task manager. You cannot detect this nasty browser hijacker through any antivirus program.
Removal of Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker
After discovering this dangerous browser hijacker in your system, your objective is to clean the system completely after removing this browser hijacker. You can get rid of this infection either manually or by using any reliable automatic removal tool. The automatic method is fast, and convenient especially for the novice computer users. The manual method is a bit hard for someone who do not have experience of removing such stubborn infections before. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal instructions can be carried out only if your system is running in the safe mode. Hit the F8 key repeatedly after restarting the system to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode option and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to start the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and after accessing the task manager, select the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of the Windows.iYogi.com before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once the associated processes are removed successfully, you have to remove the following associated files of the Windows.iYogi.com by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker\Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal of this nasty browser hijacker is completed when you remove the modifications created in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayName Windows.iYogi.com Browser Hijacker
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to access the system in the normal mode by restarting it.