The Win32/Tifen.A Worm is a malicious application belongs from the browser hijacker viruses. Once installed, it i9mmediately modify the startup page of your default browser, and redirect all your searches towards unknown websites where you are encouraged to buy products from unknown suppliers. The Win32/Tifen.A Worm can infect all the major browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. The objective of developing this dangerous worm is to steal the personal information stored on your hard drive, and use it for the fraudulent purposes. This malicious application installed on the windows based systems without the consent of the owners, and it has the ability to utilize most of the memory of the computer and other resources which cause slowdowns and frequent crashes.
The Manual Removal of Win32/Tifen.A Worm
Once it is confirmed that the system is affected by the Win32/Tifen.A Worm, you need to find a way to delete this extremely dangerous virus to save your personal information. You can delete this virus with the help of any automatic removal tool quite easily, however, there is a manual removal method is available to remove this virus:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
These types of stubborn viruses cannot be removed in the normal mode; therefore, you have to restart the system, and access the boot options with the help of F8 key. Once you are able to see the boot options, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
When your system starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the malicious processes running in the back ground. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to start the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab. Under the processes tab you can see a number of processes running. You have to locate as well as delete the following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
When you have removed the processes successfully, it is turn to remove the associated files of this dangerous virus. In this regard, following are the files that needed to be removed:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing the above mentioned steps you are almost done. All you need to do is clean the windows registry by removing the malicious entries added by this tricky browser hijacker. You have to open the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is starts, you have to find and delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Tifen.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Tifen.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Tifen.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Tifen.A\DisplayName Win32/Tifen.A
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process. You also need to update the antivirus, and run system scan to avoid infections.