The Win32/Sogou is a dangerous Trojan Downloader that invade the windows based PCs without getting permission from the user. This malicious application spreads through social media websites and can destroy a computer in a way that it becomes useless permanently. This tricky Trojan application is developed by the hackers to get the remote access of the data and system folders on your computer. This fake application is developed by the hackers to perform fake scans and showing fake results of that scans to force the innocent users to buy the so called paid version of this bogus program. You have to keep in mind that this malicious application has nothing to do with the security of your system. This application is designed with the ill motive of stealing your money as well as financial information to use it in the online frauds. Once this program enters in the system, your computer starts behaving strangely and a lot of weird things you can notice. One of the obvious signs of this malicious application is, you can feel a big difference in the speed of your computer especially the browsing speed.
The Manual Removal of Win32/Sogou
Once your computer becomes the victim of the Win32/Sogou, you have to remove this virus completely so that it will not come back. There are some good automatic removal tools are available through which you can remove this Trojan infection within just a few clicks. The manual removal method is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first step of the manual removal of the Win32/Sogou is starting the system in the safe mode. This can be done by changing the operating mode from normal to safe by accessing the boot options menu through F8 key. Once you are able to see the boot options, select the “Safe Mode” and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
After starting work on the safe mode, you have to kill the malicious processes associated with this Trojan infection. Open the windows task manager, by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the process tab where you can see a list of running processes and remove the following associated processes of the Win32/Sogou:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once done with the processes, you have to clean the system files folder by removing the following infectious files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this manual method is removing the malicious additions in the windows registry by opening the registry editor through “RegEdit” command that can be executed through “Run” option available in the “Start Menu”. After starting the registry editor, you have to remove the following corrupt entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program:Win32/Sogou\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program:Win32/Sogou\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program:Win32/Sogou\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program:Win32/Sogou\DisplayName Program:Win32/Sogou
Reboot the computer in the normal mode and do not forget to run a complete system scan.