The Win32/Mevade is a malicious application that invades the windows based computers, and can cause permanent damage to the resources as well as data. This dangerous computer application sneaks in the system silently when you perform unsafe browsing, opening the attachments received through junk mail and downloading freeware from unsecured sources. The Win32/Mevade virus can infect all the versions of the widnows operating system, and bring equal damage to all the versions. Once this malicious application enters in the system, you will notice various changes inside your PC. First of all, the browser settings are completely altered, and you have no control over your searches. You will feel a considerable decrease in the speed of the system suddenly, and often you are unable to access the websites because of this slow responding. The Win32/Mevade virus remove some of the important system files due to which you are unable to access the important utilities like windows task manager and registry editor. The hackers use this infection as a tool to access your personal data, and steal your money through frauds.
The Manual Removal of Win32/Mevade
After confirming the attack of the Win32/Mevade in your computer, you are required to find a way to get rid of this infection. The manual removal of this malicious application is a bit hard for the new users; whereas the automatic removal is easier. The manual removal instructions of this virus are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The infected computer must be started in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. Access the boot options with the help of F8 key, and once the boot options menu is accessed, select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window, and select the processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your sustem. Remove the following processes and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Find and remove the following files along with the folders associated with the Win32/Mevade from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to clean the windows registry to compelte the manual removal process of the Win32/Mevade. Click on the start menu, select Run, and type “RegEdit” in the box to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor successfully, you have to find as well as delete the following malicious associated entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Mevade\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Mevade\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Mevade\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Mevade\DisplayName Win32/Mevade
Close the registry editor and reboot the computer to check the success of the manual removal process. Run a complete system scan after updating your current antivirus program to remove any infections caused by this virus.