The Win32/Kryptik.sh is a complicated backdoor Trojan infection that enters in the computers without getting permission from the users, and remain resident for a long period of time. This malicious application spreads through unsafe browsing, free downloads, and p2p sharing. This is recently discovered Trojan virus that has infected thousands of windows based computers all over the world in just a short period of time. The Win32/Kryptik.sh often uses the vulnerabilities available in the Microsoft Office to enter in the computers. Once installed, the Win32/Kryptik.sh register itself as a utility service so that it can start automatically every time you start the windows. The purpose of developing, designing, and distributing this lethal Trojan infection is to access the targeted computers, and steal the most confidential financial data of the selected users. After collecting such personal information, it will be transferred to the cyber crooks who uses this information wisely to steal the money of the users.
The Manual Removal of Win32/Kryptik.sh
After confirming the presence of the Win32/Kryptik.sh infection in your system, you have to find out how to remove this malicious Trojan virus completely without wasting time. You can use the automatic tools to get rid of this dangerous computer virus, besides that, you can also remove this infection manually by following the below mentioned instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to reboot the infected computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to access the boot options. Once the boot options screen displayed on the PC, you have to select the Safe mode option and hit the Enter key which starts your computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The processes can be removed through task manager which can be accessed by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is visible, you have to click on the Processes tab to see the list of running processes, and remove the following associated processes of the Win32/Kryptik.sh infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of the manual removal process, you have to remove the following suspicious files hidden in the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry in order to complete the manual removal process of the Win32/Kryptik.sh virus. You have to click on the Start button, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK to access the registry editor. You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious entries of this lethal Trojan infection before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\win32/kryptik.sh\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\win32/kryptik.sh\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\win32/kryptik.sh\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\win32/kryptik.sh\DisplayName win32/kryptik.sh
Restart the machine in the normal mode to see whether the virus is removed successfully or otherwise, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of the current antivirus program.