The Win32/Kryptik.ARTR is another variation of Trojan viruses that enters in the windows based computers secretly. At the moment the main target of the Win32/Kryptik.ARTR virus is the users of the Pixmania.com which is actually a shopping website. The Win32/Kryptik.ARTR hide itself as as C:\WINDOWS\system32 file in the system files folder. Once entered in any system, the Win32/Kryptik.ARTR can change all the crucial settings in your computer including the privacy settings. Besides that, this malicious application can cause significant damage to your system and data files by performing a number of harmful activities. Instead of changing your security settings, this Trojan horse just disables all your security tools including the antivirus program, and deny the access towards important system utilities including the registry editor and windows task manager. It opens a backdoor to connect the system to a remote server that is managed by the hackers and developers of this virus. All these activities are targeted to access the financial data of the user and steal their money through frauds and other cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of Win32/Kryptik.ARTR
When you come to know that your PC is victimized by the Win32/Kryptik.ARTR Trojan horse infection, you have to decide how to remove this virus quickly. The manual removal of this Trojan infection has been possible yet complicated process, and only recommended if you are an advance level computer user. The complicated steps involved in the manual removal of this virus are mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Reboot the system, and use the F8 button in order to access the list of boot options. Once the list becomes visible on the screen of your PC, you have to select the safe mode and press the Enter key to start your system in the safe mode instead of the normal mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts operating in the safe mode, the next step of this process is the removal of the malicious processes added by this virus. To access the list of running processes on your computer, you have to open the windows task manager and click on the processes tab. You are required to kill the following associated processes of the Win32/Kryptik.ARTR:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to remove the following related files of the Win32/Kryptik.ARTR from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process of the Win32/Kryptik.ARTR completes when you delete the corrupt entries from the windows registry. You can open the registry editor, by executing the RegEdit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the task manager is accessed, you have to delete the following associated entries of the Win32/Kryptik.ARTR:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Kryptik.ARTR\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Kryptik.ARTR\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Kryptik.ARTR\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Kryptik.ARTR\DisplayName Win32/Kryptik.ARTR
Reboot your computer once again, but this time in the normal mode and run a complete system scan through an updated version of the antivirus program.